What is KSB's general approach to Privacy Compliance?
KSB respects the privacy rights and interests of any party whose Personal Information it collects, uses, discloses, stores or otherwise processes. KSB adheres to the following general principles when collecting, holding, using and disclosing Personal Information:
- Personal Information will be processed in a transparent and open manner, in accordance with applicable laws and this Policy
- Personal Information will be collected for legitimate purposes
- Unsolicited Personal Information that could not have otherwise been collected directly from the individual must be destroyed or de-identified
- Reasonable steps will be taken to maintain Personal Information accurately and the individual will be given the opportunity to request correction to Personal Information
- KSB will offer individuals the opportunity to ask the source of information KSB is collecting from
- KSB will notify individuals if their Personal Information will be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorised by the individual
- Personal Information will be relevant to and not excessive for, the purposes for which it is collected and used
- Reasonable precautions will be taken to prevent: unauthorised or accidental destruction, alteration or disclosure of; accidental loss of; unauthorised access to; misuse of; unlawful management of; or damage to, Personal Information
COLLECTION AND USE
KSB collects no personally identifiable information about individuals except when specifically and knowingly provided by such individuals (such as voluntary submission of an e-mail address for our news e-mail updae list). Except as otherwise allowed by this policy, KSB will not trade, sell, or rent personal information but may collect; or provide aggregate statistics about its site and users to other parties who do not provide services directly to KSB.
What Personal Information does KSB collect and hold?
In the course of conducting its business activities, KSB may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- fascimile number;
- age or birth date;
- profession, occupation or job title; and
- any additional information relating to that individual that is provided to KSB, whether through KSB's representatives or otherwise
How does KSB collect Personal Information?
KSB collects Personal Information from individuals in various ways, including:
- through individuals’ access and use of KSB’s website;
- from the individual whose Personal Information is being collected (such as when that person applies for a job or other role with KSB);
- during conversations, either verbal or through e-mail communication, between individuals and KSB representatives;
- through recordings which may enable identification of individuals (such as CCTV footage, photographs, audio or other images);
- from the individual’s employer, if that individual is not a KSB employee; and
- when KSB otherwise interacts with the individual in the course of its business activities.
In some circumstances, KSB may collect Sensitive Information from the individual, such as where health information is collected if the individual is asked to submit to a drugs and alcohol test. Sensitive Information will only be collected with the consent of the individual.
KSB may also collect Personal Information about individuals from third parties including:
- that individual’s current or former employer;
- from service providers, including health history, credit history or employment information; or
- from regulatory entities such as law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
What happens if KSB can't collect Personal Information?
If individuals do no provide KSB with the Personal Information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- KSB may not be able to answer the individual’s query or provide any documents or other materials requested;
- KSB may not be able to offer the individual a job or other form of engagement; or
- KSB may not be able to perform its other business functions relating to the individual, either to the same standard or at all.
KSB still may disclose personally identifiable information about you or your use of this site if KSB has a good faith belief it is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of KSB, employees, other users of this site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this site; (c) as required by a legally valid request from a competent governmental authority; or (d) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties. We may also disclose personally identifiable information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, user information, including personally identifiable information, generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if either KSB itself or substantially all of KSB’s assets were acquired, personally identifiable information may be one of the transferred assets. Therefore, we may disclose and/or transfer personally identifiable information to a third party purchaser in these circumstances.
What purposes does KSB collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information?
KSB collects Personal Information about individuals so that KSB can perform its business activities and functions and answer any enquiries made by individuals. KSB will collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to answer enquiries and provide information about existing and new Projects that KSB may be undertaking;
- for the administrative, planning, quality control and research purposes of KSB and its Related Bodies Corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing Personal Information to KSB’s Related Bodies Corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- to update KSB’s records and keep individuals’ contact details up to date;
- for security management;
- for internal technical and operational support;
- for health and safety management;
- for subcontract management;
- managing human resources; including tracking the engagement of KSB Subcontract Workers and third parties;
- for communication with community members;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by individuals;
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or to co-operate with any governmental authority; and
- where required to protect its legal rights (e.g., to defend litigation or anticipated litigation)
Who does KSB disclose and transfer Personal Information to?
KSB may disclose the Personal Information of individuals, including for the purposes set out above:
- to other Related Bodies Corporate of KSB for purposes connected with KSB’s business activities;
- for the legal and other reasons described below;
- to customers and Agents as described below;
- to KSB employees and KSB Subcontract Workers, for purposes connected with KSB’s business activities;
- to KSB’s other contractors or service providers for the purposes of its business activities (including without limitation to web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants);
- to suppliers and other third parties with whom KSB has a commercial relationships, but only for the purpose of KSB’s business and related purposes; and
- to any other organization for any authorized purpose with the express consent of the individual whose Personal Information is collected.
What Personal Information Transfers Outside of KSB May Be Made?
KSB may transfer Personal Information outside of KSB:
- where required as a matter of law (e.g., to tax authorities);
- where required to protect its legal rights (e.g., to defend litigation or anticipated litigation);
- where required in an emergency where the health or security of a Project Personnel is endangered (e.g., an accident at work); or
- where required for business purposes to KSB’s Related Bodies Corporate, third party suppliers and service providers outside of Australia.
KSB COMPLIANCE WITH OTHER PRIVACY OBLIGATIONS
1. Security and Confidentiality
KSB is committed to taking appropriate technical, physical and organisational measures to protect Personal Information against: unauthorised or accidental destruction, alteration or disclosure; accidental loss; unauthorised access; misuse; unlawful management; or damage.
These measures include equipment, application and information security, access security and training of KSB employees, who are required to collect, hold use and disclose Personal Information.
2. Access and Correction Rights
a. What Are Individuals' Rights to Access Their Personal Information?
Any individual may inquire as to the nature of his/her Personal Information held by KSB. KSB will endeavour to respond to an inquiry without excessive delay and within the time limits prescribed by the Privacy Act (if any) or otherwise within a reasonable time period.
An individual wishing to access a copy of his/her Personal Information held by KSB should contact the Privacy Officer. Where KSB holds information that an individual is entitled to access, KSB will try to provide the individual with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to them).
In responding to a request for access to Personal Information, KSB may request for the requesting individual:
- to provide KSB with sufficient information to allow it to confirm their identity;
- in order to locate responsive information, to identify his/her concerns which led to or motivated the request; and
- to identify which KSB employee interacted with the individual and the nature of the Personal Information requested
KSB has the discretion to decide whether to provide the requested information and the terms on which the said information is provided to you. KSB has the discretion to refuse to provide the requested information in the following situations:
- Information requested would reveal Personal Information that cannot be disclosed by KSB on the grounds of public policy, legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons;
- The request would be too costly for KSB to comply with; or
- The request is frivolous or vexatious.
If you would like a copy of your personal data being held by KSB, please contact our Data Protection Officer, at the contact particulars set out below. The following administrative charges shall be applicable:
- (a) If you are requesting for information on your personal data held by KSB, the fees chargeable for the request is S$ 80.00; (b) If you are requesting for information on your personal data by KSB as well as a copy of such data, the fees chargeable for the request is S$ 160.00.
- We will need 30 working days to process your request for access to your personal data.
b. What Are Individuals' Rights to Correct Their Personal Information?
If an individual believes the Personal Information that KSB is holding about them is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then the individual may request that KSB correct this information. An individual wishing to correct his/her Personal Information held by KSB should contact the Privacy Officer.
KSB will consider if the information requires amendment. If KSB does not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then the individual may request that KSB adds a note to the Personal Information stating that the individual disputes the accuracy of their Personal Information.
This Web site logs IP addresses, the type of operating system that the visitor’s computer uses, the type of browser software used by the visitor, and the pages accessed by the visitor.
KSB uses the aggregate data to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behaviour of our visitors and to measure overall user demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the site.
If you do not agree with the terms or have any questions, contact us before proceeding and we will be pleased to assist you. By choosing to access and use this site, you are expressly agreeing to be bound by these terms.
License and Site Access
KSB or third parties granting rights to KSB hold title to the materials on this site, which are the copyrighted work of KSB or such third parties. KSB grants you a limited license to access and make personal, non-commercial use of this site, including the right to download and make a single electronic or hard copy of limited portions (including text, photos, videos, and graphics), provided that the KSB copyright is acknowledged on each page copied. However, you may not modify it or any portion of it. This license does not include any commercial use of this site or its contents other than our e-commerce services. It does not include any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
Neither this Web site nor any portion thereof may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose. You may not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any portion of this site. You may not use meta tags or any other hidden text using KSB’s name or trademarks. Any unauthorised use terminates the license to use granted herein.
Changes to Sites
KSB discourages you from sending or posting to the site materials or information that you consider to be confidential or proprietary. Please note that if you do send such information, KSB will assume that it is not confidential. By sending or posting such information or material, you grant KSB an unrestricted license to use, reproduce, and distribute those materials or information, and you agree that KSB may use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send or post for any purpose.
The information on this site is provided for general information purposes only. While KSB strives to provide only accurate information on this Web site, you may discover some inadvertent inaccuracies in the information provided. Please bring them to our attention by using the Contact Us link at the top right of the screen. Since such mistakes may occur, KSB MAKES NO GUARANTEES, WARRANTIES, OR REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION ON THIS SITE. WE ARE PROVIDING THE INFORMATION ON AN “AS IS, WHERE IS” BASIS, AND ALL WARRANTIES (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) ARE DISCLAIMED.
Links to Other Sites